Monday, July 15, 2013

A Timeline of Thoughts before Answering a Phone Call


Oh look! my phone is ringing
I'm so popular 
Oh its a number I don't recognize
Fuck, guess I'm not that popular
Should I answer it?
Better not, its probably a telemarketer
Telemarketers make me feel so awkward
I always wonder if they are like the guys on Workaholics
That job is DEFINITELY worse than my job
That makes me feel better
OH SHIT 
Could this be about that job I applied to last week? 
Ughhhh fuck I'm not in the right mindset for this
I guess I have to answer it now
Anyone who would really need me would leave a message
So I don't HAVE to answer 
But I probably should 
Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck 
Let me just clear my throat a few times so I don't sound like idiot if I do decide to answer 
Well now that I've put this time in, I better answer 
Oh shit I hope it doesn't go to voicemail, its been awhile
I hope no one hears me
"Hello, This is Allison"
Shit, how did I end up sounding like such a tool after only saying four words
Probably cause I'm talking weirdly quietly
I still hope no one heard me
"Hello, this is your local county representative, Diane Rizzo!"
Thats it
I'm never answering the phone again

No comments:

Post a Comment